- 2014.10.07 | Released: Superstition's "Masquerade" Event
- 2014.09.07 | Released: Superstition's "A Sinister Sideshow" Event
- 2014.08.02 | Released: Superstition's "Three Year Anniversary" Event
- 2014.07.06 | Released: Superstition's "America - Fuck Yeah" Event
- 2014.07.02 | Released: Eclipse's "Out of this World" Event
- 2014.06.18 | Released: Rachel Rene's "She May Be Feral"
- 2014.06.08 | Released: Superstition's "Omen of Crows" Event
- 2014.05.25 | Released: Eclipse's "Lost Worlds" Event
- 2014.05.12 | Released: Midnight Starr's "A Whisper Upon the Wind II-Despair"
- 2014.04.27 | Released: Sara Birch Black's "With Fine Lines"
- 2014.04.26 | Released: Eclipse's April 25th Event
- 2014.04.19 | Released: Superstition's "Spellbound" Event
- 2014.04.13 | Released: Eclipse's April 11th Event
- 2014.03.30 | Released: Eclipse's "Winter's End" Event
- 2014.03.19 | Released: Eclipse's "Time Marches On" Event
- 2014.03.09 | Released: Superstition's "Post-Punk" Event
- 2014.03.08 | Released: Wicked's "VAMPYRE" Event
- 2014.03.02 | Released: Eclipse's "Arc Premiere" Event
- 2014.02.09 | Released: Superstition's "The Last Drop" Event
- 2014.02.09 | Released: Wicked's "A Fetish Affair" Event
- 2014.02.01 | Released: Haven's "18th Anniversary - Leather & Lace Ball" Event
- 2014.01.18 | Released: Redemption's January 17th Event
- 2013.12.28 | Released: Redemption's "The Requiem Reunion" Event
- 2013.12.24 | Released: Superstition's "Burton's Ball - Nightmare Before Krampus"
- 2013.12.09 | Released: Superstition's "Arc" Event
- 2013.12.04 | Released: Starr Love's "Independent Creature Moments"
- 2013.11.03 | Released: Haven's "Halloween 2013" Event
- 2013.11.02 | Released: Sekhmet Grr's "Passage"
- 2013.10.08 | Various minor gallery tweaks
- 2013.10.05 | Released: Midnight Starr's "A Whisper Upon the Wind I: Longing"
- 2013.09.28 | Released: Sara Birch Black's "Nature's Warden"
- 2013.09.18 | Released: Kiera Raven Monet's "A Late Hour"
- 2013.09.11 | Released: Kiera Raven Monet's "After Walls Fallen"
- 2013.09.01 | Released: Impulse's "Armageddon" Event
- 2013.08.10 | Fixed and expanded ability to define event details by date range
- 2013.08.03 | Released: Haven's "Pirate Beach Ball" Event
- 2013.07.29 | Released: Impulse's "Grand Re-Opening" Event
- 2013.07.03 | Released: J Nyx's "The Model, Breathless"
- 2013.06.11 | Auto-generated gallery details now properly enable website links
- 2013.06.11 | Direct download links now allow ampersands
- 2013.06.09 | Released: An Tua Nua's "Final Farewell" Event
- 2013.06.08 | Released: Ophelia & Sara Birch Black's "Such a Doll"
- 2013.06.01 | Released: Superstition's "SuperVILLAINS" Event
- 2013.05.30 | Minor fixes to expanded images
- 2013.05.30 | Released: Leah Siren's "Random Freaky Shit"
- 2013.05.25 | Released: Azura Arete's "A Huntress Hunts Alone"
- 2013.05.18 | Released: Superstition's "Ritual Madness" Event
- 2013.05.14 | Released: Watch City Festival 2013
- 2013.05.09 | Various current page indicator fixes for various browsers
- 2013.05.04 | Prevent gallery shortcuts keys while ctrl, alt, or shift pressed
- 2013.05.03 | Released: Haven's "Zombie Attack at Superhero Haven" Event
- 2013.04.29 | Released: Hollow House
- 2013.04.27 | Released: Superstition's "PATTERNS" Event
- 2013.04.20 | Released: Lucid Wolf's "Rebel Glam"
- 2013.04.17 | Additional hidden edits to contact form in hopes of reducing spam
- 2013.04.16 | Testimonial: Johnny Evil! Thank you!
- 2013.04.13 | Current page indicator works again on featured gallery pages
- 2013.04.10 | Numerous small global fixes and performance tweaks
- 2013.04.09 | Released: Sara Birch Black's "Once Lost"
- 2013.03.31 | Released: Superstition's "Time Travelers Welcome"
- 2013.03.25 | Released: Kiera Raven Monet's "From Hope to Hopeless"
- 2013.03.19 | Minor moderator interface fixes & improved file download serving
- 2013.03.18 | Improved gallery alt / title tags and expanded image page titles
- 2013.03.10 | Released: Sara Birch Black's "Alice Anywhere"
- 2013.03.05 | Prevent display of "general" sub-gallery when others present
- 2013.02.26 | Released: Fetish Fashion Show 2013
- 2013.02.23 | Released: Superstition's "The Last Drop"
- 2013.02.16 | Fixed hiding of galleries with all images in sub-galleries
- 2013.02.09 | Released: Resurrection's "7 Year Anniversary"
- 2013.02.05 | Testimonial: Brian Chabot! Thank you!
- 2013.02.02 | Revamped Acclaim page code to meet gallery standards
- 2013.02.02 | Fixed issue with multi-subject galleries and highlighting
- 2013.02.01 | Multiple fixes for expanded images outside of recent galleries
- 2013.01.31 | Released: Haven's "17th Anniversary - Memories" Party
- 2013.01.31 | Minor fixed for infrequent gallery errors
- 2013.01.26 | Released: Superstition's "Black Snake" Event
- 2013.01.26 | Gallery theme auto-capitalization and other small improvements
- 2013.01.24 | Released: Kiera Raven Monet's "Urban Shelter"
- 2013.01.20 | Released: Starr Love's "Midnight Storm"
- 2013.01.19 | Released: Ophelia's "Frozen - Fashionable"
- 2013.01.18 | Fixed expanded image page error for galleries with apostropes
- 2013.01.14 | Removed scrollbar displayed while zoomed in on some browsers
- 2013.01.12 | Released: Ophelia's "O Frozen Over"
- 2013.01.10 | Empty galleries now hidden (prevents confusion during uploads)
- 2013.01.09 | Released: Resurrection's January 3rd Event!
- 2012.12.29 | Linked DarkwellStudios.com to our Google+ account
- 2012.12.27 | Improved expanded image view navigation options
- 2012.12.26 | Bug fix for recent gallery list and upgraded jQuery to v1.8.3
- 2012.12.24 | Happy Holidays to our Darkwell Studios friends and fans!
- 2012.12.22 | Released: Superstition's "End of the World" Event!
- 2012.12.18 | Released: Kiera Raven Monet & Ashley Ham's "Ladies amidst Frost"
- 2012.12.09 | Released: Resurrection's "Ladies Night" Event
- 2012.12.02 | Released: Ophelia "Smiles & Miscellaneous Monochrome"
- 2012.11.17 | Released: Supersition's: "Burton's Ball"!
- 2012.11.16 | Released: Pandora's Toybox & Era Nocturna's November 11th show!
- 2012.11.11 | Released: Starr Love's "Masked" - Part II!
Darkwell Studios features the photographic art of New England-
based alternative model & event photographer Shadow Darkwell.
His passion is creating images of exceptional quality for those with
aesthetics a bit different (and dare we say darker) than the norm.
Darkwell Studios specializes in photographing alternative:
- Bands (Live & Promo)
- Nightlife & Events
—And exceptional Individuals with an edge!
His conceptual photographs are strange, surreal, atmospheric,
emotive, and most importantly — unique.
Darkwell Studios is also home to Shadow Darkwell's many
ambitious solo projects, chronicling his journey toward the
grand and remarkable art with which he hopes to one day
stun the visual world.
Whether here to explore Darkwell Studios' photography,
To find your own recent nightlife or event photos,
or to request Darkwell Studios' services:
You are here for a reason — go "Imagine Your Exposure"!
Alexis AssaultShadow is one of the best photographers I've ever worked with. In fact, he's the only one that I see and work with on regular basis. Further more, he is a friend...
Matthew Kahn...but he also engendered a lot of respect in me for the work that is involved in truly gorgeous photography. Mr. Darkwell also was an absolute pleasure to work with, as he was polite, courteous, and had a very pleasant
Julie VesnaShadow belongs among myths, as a photographer as well as a human. [...] If you want a photography that is true you, you should choose Shadow.
Ophelia...and vast creativity to produce unique and beautiful photos. I always have a blast working with him, even if the ground is littered with thorns and temperature is below freezing.
Starr LoveEven with a shy model like myself, he was able to make the experience both productive and enjoyable. He has a never-ending energy about him when a camera hits his hands...
Jeff HeartlessThere are many phrases that can be used to describe Shadow Darkwell. Energetic, accurate, friendly, A strong visual eye. [...] Punctual, Talented, Promoter, and Reliable...
Blu Jess...but I assure you it's the truth and to reiterate that I shall end with... a more casual note... Shadow... is the epitome... of frigan awesome.
Devan the ImpalerI've been on many photoshoots before, many of them, but I'd never before experienced a Photo-Adventure quite like the one I got with Shadow...
Lilith AstarothI've been lucky enough to be captured through it many times, and the results are always incredible. Shadow is a very valued part of the New England gothic and fetish scene...
Rinny Cody...his models own beauty, while expanding and adding his own lovely, artistic twist. Fun, creative, and warm, Shadow makes models and art lovers all around extremely proud...
Melissa GavazziHis willingness to take everyone's photos, kindness and patience puts me at ease and makes me feel comfortable and okay walking up and asking him to take my photo.
Lisa Marie ShugrueI would like to thank Shadow Darkwell for doing an amazing job capturing the memories of my new beginning. As a fellow artist, Shadow Darkwell has an amazing eye...
Brian ChabotHis characteristic personality and photographic style bring out the glamour of the event and of the people he shoots. ... Highly recommended, but I call dibs on him for my events!
Kiera Raven Monet...laughing for most of our photo shoot, and most photos were actually taken between my out bursts of laughter at Shadow's jokes and funny antics.
Ali XHe has a great sense of capturing everyday life in a unique, creative, and alluring way! His editing style is also original and will draw the viewer in as they pass by the page.
Jillian CastleShadow/Darkwell Studies has a talent for making even the most insecure person comfortable, and even confident, in front of the camera. He will go to any lengths necessary...
Fuzzy BlouinI've had nothing but compliments from friends and family as I've showed them the photos he took of me. All in all I'm completely satisfied with his work...
Trianna TrenchI'm really happy with the photos he produced for me and I'd recommend him to any model looking for creative and artistic photographs.
Kitty BANG!Just when I think he can't amaze me even more because his work is already beautiful, fascinating, enchanting & delightful, he goes over the top & I become astounded.
Morgan Le FeyShadow is one of the most energetic photographers I have ever had the pleasure of working with. He has a charisma about him that most don't have in this business.
Alicia Puck Vickery...has a way of making you feel calmer and more comfortable around him and the camera. He kind of has an air around him that makes you want to show yourself off a little.
J0hnny ev1L...you would find it difficult to not recognize an image captured by Shadow. This quality is rare, especially in nightlife photography where one photographer is seemingly no different from the next...
Shelby A. Dubois-Jenness...stops to see how everyone is doing and seems to have a knack for catching people at their best. The nights he's at the club give me large amounts of joy.
Mad MadelineTo be dull was not an option. He exhibited a life and energy rarely seen; truly refreshing qualities in such a colorless world. It was everything I could have hoped for, and more.
Heather Van DykenShadow captures an essence of you that comes out in the photos its almost like an aura captured in pictures. I have been very intrigued by his work. I will forever enjoy his work.
Chelsea BrickhamI love his unique perspective and his post-production work is top-notch! He's professional and always respectful of his subjects! I'd definitely work with him again anytime!
Nigel R. CoteTo say that I was pleased with the results is rather an understatement. I hope to make use of the massage photos after I manage to get my full license as part of my advertising.
Imani Minaya...that my ideas and requests would be considered odd, but Shadow not only understood what I was looking for, but took it above and beyond what I could have ever imagined!
Dark IntentionsIn a club setting the importance of making a person comfortable with candid pictures being taken can be a challenge. This is a challenge that Shadow managed to make into art...
Joseph SharkeyI am not a guy who willingly stands in front of a camera, I can't stand picture of myself! But Shadow's shots are always something I'll hunt down [...] Which is saying something...
Sidonia Rein...takes his work very seriously. I guarantee the images he captures will not disappoint. His technique comes from within, Shadow is able to catch a moment and turn it into art.
Matt Gotham...contort his own body to get just the right shot. His passion for the art and his own artistic eye are the reason I can honestly say that, in my opinion, Mr. Darkwell is the best in his field.
Anastasia Maria DiMarcaHis portraits are flattering and true to the model. Being a photographer myself, I know how important comfort level is. Mr. Darkwell was both professional and affable.
Kristina S.What's more, he is one extremely enthusiastic and engaging person and being in front of his camera becomes a game of cat-and-mouse. The cat is constantly challenging the mouse to its creative limits...
. Read More .